Casper Ter Kuile is co-author (along with Angie Thurston) of the How We Gather report and its sequel, Something More, which map a landscape of life-giving organizations that are emerging even as religious affiliation declines, such as Crossfit and The Dinner Party.
Casper is training to be a minister for non-religious people to build a world of joyful belonging. He is a graduate of Harvard Divinity and Kennedy Schools, the co-host of the hugely popular Harry Potter and the Sacred Text, named of one of iTunes best podcasts in 2016, and a fellow and contributor with Krista Tippet’s On Being.
In this episode of the RePlacing Church Podcast, he joins me to discuss:
- How the religiously unaffiliated are finding and forming spiritual community
- What new expressions of spiritual community are emerging
- How accountability is making a comeback
- Why covenants are important in community and how to craft them
- How to engage Harry Potter like a sacred text and why that’s connecting with so many people.
*Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming church in the neighborhood.
Episode Song Credits: “Another Wrong to Right” and “You Won’t Walk Alone” by Mercir. “Closed” by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission.