Lisa Sharon Harper is one of the nation’s most influential voices on faith-rooted advocacy. She serves as the chief church engagement officer at Sojourners, a non-profit organization committed to putting Christian faith into action in the pursuit of social justice, peace, and environmental stewardship. She is the author of multiple books, including most recently, The Very Good Gospel: How Everything Wrong Can Be Made Right. In this episode of the RePlacing Church Podcast, she joins me to discuss:
- Why the church should fight against voter suppression
- The Witness the Vote project
- What Genesis 1 and Matthew 25 teach us about voting
- The problem with an anabaptist approach to politics
- A brief history of racism and voting in the United States
*Get your free RePlacing Church Resource List, a guide to being and becoming church in the neighborhood.
Episode Song Credits: “Another Wrong to Right” by Mercir. “Closed” by Zadok Wartes. Used with Permission.