I’m glad to announce that Asbury Theological Seminary, one of V3’s partners, is introducing a Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies with a specialization in Church Planting degree in the fall of 2014.
The beauty of this degree is that it allows you, the practitioner, to remain in your city where you are planting, while you pursue your Master’s Degree. In addition, you can also get academic credit for V3’s learning cohort, as it helps to fulfill the practicum requirements for this degree.
Some of the highlights of this Master’s program include:
- Contextual learning. Integrated, holistic treatment of Church Planting draws upon fields of theology, history, sociology, ethics, anthropology, leadership and mission. Assignments are specially crafted for the student’s present ministry context.
- Quality instruction. Classes are taught by world class scholars who have years of experience in missions and Church Planting all around the globe.
- Highly relational. All classes will be taken on-campus or online with the same group of church planters, creating a rich network of ministry partners.
- Predictable sequencing. The entire sequence of online and on-campus course is mapped out, allowing you to plan for four short (1-2 week) trips to campus over three years.
- Generous scholarships. All in-ministry participants will receive a $4,500 scholarship annually as funds are available. Additional financial aid may apply.
You can read details about the new program in this brochure.
An Ideal Approach
As you can see, this is an ideal approach for you as a church planter to deepen your theological roots as you engage in church planting locally. This opportunity is accessible for those of you planting domestically, as well as those of you who are overseas.
In my recent visit to Asbury, I had a chance to meet up with and dialogue with a number of the faculty for this degree and I can wholeheartedly recommend this degree to any church planter.
The time is short. If you have any desire to pursue this master’s degree, you will need to apply as soon as you are able.
If you are accepted, it seems that you will have around half of your cost covered by the generous grants, so this is another reason to apply now. To qualify for this innovative program, all application materials must be received by August 20, 2014.
If you know of people who are wrestling through the desire to continue in their education as well as plant churches now, please share this post with them via twitter and/or facebook. I’m sure they will thank you for alerting them to this amazing opportunity.Become a V3 Church Planter.
Latest posts by JR Woodward (see all)
- Film as a Form of Mass (Theology at the Theater, Part 2) - Feb 27, 2017
- What has Hollywood to do with Jerusalem? (Theology at the Theater, part 1) - Feb 23, 2017
- The Key to Movement - Oct 12, 2016